Driven is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. Folks who come from underrepresented or marginalized backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. We understand that our team is stronger because of our diversity.
We're looking for a full stack developer with experience in core PHP (no framework) who can thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Experience working in large custom developed software projects a must.
You should be currently working in core PHP / MySQL development, a plus if it is on a customer facing SaaS project.
You must be able to review and interpret code with only minor assistance from other team members.
Our company operates remotely, so you will be able to work from home, or (once the pandemic is over) work from our offices in Toronto. Exclusively working from home is okay, but we are only looking for candidates located in Canada at this time.
What type of person wants to work here?
We care about making the world a better place, not just making as much money as possible. We work in the non-profit sector, and care deeply about our customers. If you’re looking for a Startup culture, with stock options and a potential insanely large payout if the company exits, that’s cool, but we’re probably not the right company for you.
We’re about steady measurable growth. Doing things right, not as quickly as possible.
We’re fiercely protective of your time. No insane crunch periods with long never-ending days.
You should care about making the world a better place.
You should be looking for your forever home, not the next rung on the climb up the ladder.
You should be looking for a challenge that will stretch your capabilities, rather than the same boring tasks over and over.
This is a salaried full time position with paid time off and health benefits.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills
· 2 years experience in PHP development
· 2 yes experience in MySQL development
· Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and jQuery
· Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
· Experience with Bootstrap CSS a plus
· Experience with React Native and Mobile development a plus
· Take full accountability and responsibility of driving your own productivity with minimal support from other team members.
· Take initiative to pick up open tasks for feature enhancements, bug fixes and implement them into the product.
· Work as an individual contributor and with the team in collaboration as required.
· Import new client data and implement new installs of our software products.
· Be comfortable with testing your own work and ensure that code delivered for review is stable and solid.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is for Canadian residents only. We do have a remote workforce around the world, and will consider all applicants, however offers will be based on the top end of your local market for a similar position.